Wednesday, August 8, 2007

i didnt know my girls werent invited

written march 13, 2007
thought this was a good fit for the boob blog. :)
lisa


strange thing happened to me tonight, i went to a networking mixer i was facilitating, hosted by a group member. she lived in a mansion.

as anyone who knows me knows, my cleavage, like earrings, is an accessory i wear with pride pretty much most of the time.

the host said "i am going to give you a scarf to wear to cover that. this is an orthodox home."

i wasnt letting them tumble out of a tight top or anything. my wrap dress was loose fitting albeit a little low cut- nothing crazy, on the scale of my wardrobe, a 4 or 5 (10 being 'holy knockers, batman!)

i was put off by this- not offended but i felt stupid. my cleavage is usually welcomed anywhere. i never thought it might be offensive in someones home! i felt rejected-

my cleavage is a form of self-expression. my cleavage is part of me. i felt like i wasn't accepted. like a harlot or a jezebel. and in pure lisa-fashion, i rebelled, respectfully:

"well... i can just pin it, or cover it up" i pulled my dress closed more. i'm sorry, i am just not the scarf wearing type.

its like bringing your kids to a party and then finding out kids arent allowed- its not like anyone warned me.

so, the girls stayed. they just laid low and acted discreet for the night.

modesty? whats that? i can certainly respect ones religious values, especially when i am a guest in their home, but personally, i think god likes my cleavage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good day to all am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua herbal center the powerful herbal doctor that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreatic Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis. ,I contacted him based on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com web and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank you Dr Itua herbal center for your kind help in my life. His Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967.